Being a Parent



 Being a parent is one of the most difficult jobs I have ever been given. One day I was cruising along carefree in this world and then all of the sudden I had this alien being I was responsible for. No manual came with it, and it wanted to occupy all of my time night and day!!
  When my daughter was born I remember suddenly taking things more seriously, and then when my son was born two years later there was no more fooling around. I realized that I was suddenly responsible for two human beings who would grow up and make decisions that would affect their lives, as well as the lives of all those around them. How in the world was I going to raise them?
  Then I remembered I was given a manual on how to deal with this amazing responsibility. I was given a Bible, God’s Holy Word, from a Father who loved me so very much. In its pages as I was shown what my heavenly Father did for me I was able to be a better earthly Father to my own children. I had a great role model I could follow in the pages He had written for me.
  I found out that being a good parent had more to do with me than with my children. I had to make sure my life was being lived in the correct manner, and that I was being an appropriate example for them. No matter how many times I discipline my children the lasting effect upon their lives will be more of how I lived and what they saw of Christ through me.
Ephesians 6:4 – “And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”
  I saw the importance of raising them in a Godly home, and that I point them away from myself and to the perfect example of God Himself.

  On Saturday April 16th and 23rd Pastor Loveless will be having a parenting seminar. All of us need all the help we can get. Let’s make it a point to come and learn what we can so that we might be able to raise the next generation for the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts