The Greatest Father

  When I became a Father I was a little intimidated. I had no idea what to do. Every situation was a new experience for me. I started to become scared about how I would raise this child of mine, and if I would do it right.
  I instinctively started raising my kids just as my Father had raised me. This scared me even more, not because I had a bad father, but because I realized that the way I raise my kids will be the way they instinctively raise their own children. So I was not only trying to raise my children, but was putting down a pattern on how they would raise my grandchildren. An endless cycle from generation to generation. Talk about a high responsibility.
  Thankfully my Father was a wonderful example to me and taught me much on how to raise my own children. The biggest help I ever received was from my heavenly Father, however. He wrote a book, called the Bible, in how to deal with many of life’s problems. Within these pages He told me how I should live my life as a father, how I should discipline my children, how I should nurture them, and how I should encourage them on a daily basis. There are many people who will give you endless theories on how to raise children, but God is the only one with the perfect plan in hand.
  I had a very good example from my earthly Father on how to raise my children, but I also have a perfect example from my heavenly Father.
  Fathers, be thankful for the example of your own dads on what to do, and yes even what not to do. But never forget to look to God for the perfect way on how to be a loving and perfect Father. Point your own children away from yourself and to Him. He will give them the courage and strength to become good parents themselves one day.
James 1:17 – “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”

  May all of you have a happy Father’s Day. I love you Dad. 

Comments

Popular Posts