No Clue


  There have been several times where, as a pastor, I have had no clue about what to write or what to say to people in need. It is like I draw a blank and stare at a pure white page on my computer screen hoping something would strike me and cause inspiration. Other times, I have been listening to somebody pour their heart out to me and I am thinking, “What in the world do I say to ease this persons pain or give guidance in the proper way?”
  I often have to close my eyes and pray for more guidance from the Lord when this happens. When I am afraid of saying the wrong thing or writing the wrong thing I simply depend more upon my Saviour who will guide me.
Psalm 56:3 – “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.”
  These times when I stare at the blank page and come up with nothing it is often simply because I am afraid that what I write might make me look stupid. When I am listening to somebody pour their heart out, I am dumb founded for the same reason. I don’t want to look stupid.
  Then I remember it is not about me. The person talking may simply need to have an ear that will listen, and if the Lord lays something on my heart to say – I’ll say it. If not, there is nothing wrong with silence with a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on.
  When writing it is not about if people like what I write, or think I am stupid, but about lifting up the Lord and trying to encourage somebody at that particular time.
  In short, I guess I’m trying to say it’s not about me but it is about bringing glory to God and pointing people to Him.
  When I stop and realize this truth often the words start to flow and the writing becomes easier.

Comments

Popular Posts