Our Nation Needs God

I was moved when I saw the new monument that opened in New York City to remember the tragedy that happened on 9/11 ten years ago.  It looks to be a beautiful piece of work that should help remind us of that horrific day and the lives that were lost.  I could not help but think how much that one event has changed us as a nation.  It has caused us to increase our security both at home and abroad.  It has led us into wars in the Middle East.  It has caused many in our nation to feel very vulnerable and insecure.

That is why I wish that event might have turned the hearts of men and women back to Almighty God.  People need to feel safe.  They need to have a sense of security.  In order to enjoy their time on earth, they need their hearts and minds to be at peace.  But the turbulence experienced in this world and the uncertainty of the future rob people of their joy.  That is one of the many reasons why man needs God.  King David understood this when he lived upon the earth.  Though he had armies at his disposal and though he lived behind palace walls, he readily admitted, "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."

Comments

Popular Posts