A Painful Prison


  I would dare say there are many times in our life we don’t appreciate or like what God is doing. We had grandiose plans and God messed them up by bringing something into our life we did not expect nor want.
  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in these unexpected circumstances God has allowed into our lives that we become bitter and lose faith. We end up placing ourselves in a painful prison of our own making, and literally make the situation we are in worse.
  There will be many times hurtful things pop into our lives that we have no understanding of, and fail to see how any possible good could come from them. I think of Job and his trials, Joseph and the prison he endured, David fleeing for his life from Saul, as well as Daniel and his captivity even though he was a righteous man. This list could go on and on.
  In these times I simply have to acknowledge that God has a greater vision than I do, has greater wisdom than I do, and has a greater purpose than I do.
Isaiah 55:8-9 – “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
  No matter what the situation, I know that He knows what is best and can work any situation for good.
Romans 8:28 – “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
  That verse is not proclaiming that everything that comes into our lives will be good, but that God is able to work them together for good if we but trust and love Him. I know this is much easier said than done, especially when you are in the very midst of the trial. Yet, faith that God can work it out is so much better than being in a painful prison with no hope or trust in God at all. I can rest assure that just as Job, Joseph, David, and Daniel had everything worked out according to God’s will He can do the same with me. I know that at the end of life when I see God face to face it will be worth it all at that moment.
  Don’t let life put you in a painful prison with no hope. When the trials come, hand them over to the Lord who can give you a peace that surpasses all understanding.
Philippians 4:7 – “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Comments

Popular Posts