Making Excuses Comes Easy


  For many of us, making excuses not to do what the Lord wants in our life comes easy. Moses, one of the greatest leaders of all time, had no trouble coming up with excuses when God first called him to be a leader. At the burning bush Moses basically came up with five excuses that all of us have used from time to time and God answered every single one.

  What it comes down to is that when God calls He empowers so that there are no legitimate excuses to be made.

  First, Moses came up with the excuse that “I have no ability” in Exodus 3:11. God answers this excuse in our lives in Philippians 4:13.

Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

  Second, Moses came up with the excuse that “I have no message” in Exodus 3:13. God answers this excuse for us in I Corinthians 15:3-4.

I Corinthians 15:3-4 – “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

  Third, Moses used the excuse that “I have no authority” in Exodus 4:1. God answers us on this point in Matthew 28:18-20.

Matthew 28:18-20 – “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

  Fourth, Moses made an excuse of “I have no eloquence” in Exodus 4:10. God answers us yet again in Luke 12:11-12.

Luke 12:11-12 – “And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.”

  Last, Moses got to the real reason and excuse of “I have no desire” in Exodus 4:13. You see most of us make excuses of not doing the Lord’s will, not because we fear our lack of ability, but simply because we just plain don’t want to do it. God answers us once again on this excuse in Philippians 2:13-14.

Philippians 2:13-14 – “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:”

  Simply put, making excuses is a waste of time if the Lord is calling you to do something. If He is calling He will give the power and ability to do that which He is calling you to do. Just step out in faith and allow God to use you.

Comments

Popular Posts