Finish Strong

  The end of the school year is fast approaching and everybody is ready for it to be over. The kids are tired, the parents are tired, the teachers are thinking of retiring, and the temperatures are rising.

  It is in these times we find it hard to stay the course and finish strong. We rationalize that we have done well all year so let’s kick back and just coast out the rest of this year into the next.

  I keep telling my kids, however, to buckle down harder and finish strong. Finishing strong is a character trait that many fail to develop. We work hard till we see an ok product, but then we don’t put in the last few moments of hard work to make it a great product.

  In life it is always good that when you see the light at the end of the tunnel to barrel down and finish strong; rather than let up off the gas and coast till the end. It will be the difference between an average accomplishment and an accomplishment that changes the world.

  Paul understood that finishing strong brought great joy to his life rather than just coasting to the finish line.

Acts 20:24 – “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”

  I am also eternally grateful that our Lord finished strong near the end of his ministry on this earth.

John 4:34 – “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.”

Comments

Popular Posts